Thai Pad Edinburgh
Shrimp with chilli and salt
– 12-15 large shrimps – leave shell on & devein
– 5 Thai red chilli – minced
– 2 tablespoon of red bellpepper – minced
– 2 tablespoon of cilantro – minced
– 2 tablespoon of fresh garlic – minced
– 2 tablespoon of green onion – minced
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine (for cooking)
– 4-5 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– Pour vegetable oil in a pan, set over medium heat.
– Add shrimps to the pan, stir until both sides change color only
– Place half-cooked shrimps on a plate, set aside
– In the same pan, add minced Thai red chilli and minced fresh garlic, stir well
– Add salt and soy sauce, stir to mix well
– Add green onion, cilantro, and bellpepper, stil well to combine
– Add Chinese rice wine, stir well to combine altogether
– Add the half-cooked shrimps into the pan, stir to mix well with the seasonings, do not overcooked the shrimps
– Turn off heat, and transfer to a serving plate.
– Serve with cooked Thai jasmine rice and enjoy!